Voluntourism improves lives
Every other year, FOY organizes a 15 day trip to the village of Muguna in Western Kenya. It’s your opportunity to see and experience the side of Kenya that tourists don’t get to see. You will learn how tenacious, resilient and resourceful they are amidst challenges with poverty. You will return home completely fulfilled by the work you will have accomplished.
- Fire-side chats with the village
- Visit to homesteads
- Refurbishment of classrooms
- Student desk repair work
- Work alongside our partners in the village to perform basic repairs in homes of orphaned children
- Short excursions to other parts of the village
- Tree planting
- Training and instructional exchange with teachers and classroom visits
- Installation of water catchment equipment
- Cultural exchange experience through food and dance
- Community medical camps
- Work with the women on micro-enterprise projects
- Trip culminates with a safari in any one of the world renowned East African game parks
The trip occurs in the month of June and July for approximately 12-15 days.
Airfare (ranges from $1,300-$2,000); Hotels, Meals, Safari, Transportation and Misc. (approx. $2,300); Humanitarian Donation ($1,500). The humanitarian donation fee goes toward the village projects.
** Please note the above costs are estimates and may change depending on the prevailing exchange rates. **